Where I try out different platforms – animation, experimentation, audio and video.
Poetry – Animation
- Crossing the Water – a short animated poem originally created in 2001. The audio is me playing the kalimba!
- Eating Out – a cycle of three poems made from one set of word tiles. Inspired by my experimentation with magnetic poetry – both online and offline – and originally created as a swf (Flash) file in 2002. This version has been converted to video so that it is compatible with more viewing devices. No audio on this one.
- Globetrotting – an animated sonnet inspired by a trip to Blackpool in 2005. That’s where I took the photo. It’s a piece of artwork on Blackpool promenade purporting to be the world’s largest mirrorball, ‘They Shoot Horses Don’t They?’ by Michael Trainor. No audio on this one for copyright reasons, but the ideal soundtrack would be ‘Mirrorball’ by Everything But The Girl.
Poetry – Video
- Spindle Remakes: a poem of LGBT connectivity – originally written for the Nottingham Festival of Words in February 2013, this version is performed as a celebration of LGBT History Month February 2014
- Reading at Sapphist Writers – a link to video of me reading at the Sapphist Writers group in August 2009
- Reading at Tea & Poetry – a link to video of me reading at this event in East Hardwick, Vermont, USA in August 2007